Saturday, April 10, 2010

P-day Adventure Hike

Halo Keluargaku,

Glad to be e-mailing you this week. Elder Porter and I have been dying trying to wait so long. We had 9 days before this P-Day since our last P-Day was on Monday. Just yesterday Elder Porter and I were talking about how "e-mail trunky" we've become. I'm glad the wait is finally over!

Speaking of dying, I've been sick! I'm pretty much back to normal though. I'm feeling a lot better now. It was the first time on my mission I've had to stay in a day, so I guess that means I'm doing ok so far.

So, pretty much the most exciting things that happened was our P-Day adventure hiking up a waterfall and our baptism this last weekend. For our P-Day, we always have a zone activity before zone conference, and this week we decided we'd go to this waterfall that was near our place (or so we thought). There was only one of the senior missionaries who had been there before, and he told us it wasn't more than 20 Km (12 miles) away. No problem. So we all got in taxis and started to drive. It wasn't long for us to realize this was *much* farther than 20 km. Oh well, we were already on our way out. So, finally, after more than an hour of driving we arrived and got out. Hooray! We took a few pictures and started hiking up a trail that led to the top of this waterfall when, you guessed it, the rain started coming down. Hard. I think maybe most of us would have turned back, but President Clark took the lead and just started cruising up the side of mountain. Not to be outdone by the mission president, we followed. So, about another hour later we made it up and then down, totally and completely soaked, and covered with leeches. I have no idea where the leeches came from, but almost all of us had at least 3. That was a fun experience. Then we started to work on the problem of how to get back into the taxi covered with rain, mud, and blood as we were. One of the couples came up with the great idea to make something like diapers out of trash bags, and have us wear those the whole way home. It actually worked pretty well.

So, that was the P-Day adventure!

Our baptism went really well! She's a little Indian girl about 10 years old who is the children of some members who were previously less active. I had the chance to confirm her, which was super cool, and I actually recorded it so that I could translate it into Malay for her (I didn't really feel comfortable giving it in Malay). So, remind me next week and I'll send it to you!

Aye, anyway, that's the week here in Ipoh! So glad to finally here from you all. I love you so much and I can't wait to see you again! Oh Yeah! Conference! So, we watch it a week later here. They send us DVDs from Salt Lake and we'll watch it at the church this Friday and Saturday. Elder Porter and I actually downloaded the audio though and made a CD, so we'll probably be listening to it most of the day. So far we've gotten through the Saturday morning session and part of Saturday afternoon. It's awesome so far!

Ok, I love you all so much! Talk to you soon!

Elder Blissett

No comments:

Post a Comment