Wednesday, April 20, 2011

100% True

Halo Keluargaku,

Well, it's been another great week down here in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia. Yesterday we had a Mission Leadership training and the day before we had a Zone Leader Council, so now we've finally gotten all the companionship issues and the trainings and the travel and everything out of the way and we can finally just focus on doing missionary work in our area (at least for a little bit :D). We're very blessed to have had some good things happen here though regardless of how little time we've been able to spend actually doing regular work in our area, so thanks for your prayers. It makes a difference!

Well, I think some of the most exciting news I have to report is that we confirmed that Elder Bednar will be holding a missionary meeting with us when he comes next month. Exciting, huh? He'll be here on May 23 and he'll be holding a meeting with all the missionaries in West Malaysia and Singapore, so there's some real advantages to being in KL right now. It would definitely be cool to get to meet with two apostles on my mission, so we'll just have to cross our fingers that I'm still around when he gets here!

Our investigators are doing well. We just put one of our Pakistani investigators named *** on date for next month, so that's really exciting. It's funny, almost all the Pakistanis here are Muslim, but somehow we've actually managed to find a few of the Christian ones as we've gone about, so that's a lot of fun. *** actually contacted us. His brother is a member of the church in Pakistan (His brother actually served a mission there), and so when he decided to change his life he just gave us a call. Really exciting.

Unfortunately our friend from Myanmar's father is sick again. I guess he had to be readmitted to the hospital this week. If I remember right, they said he had myloma in his brain? I don't really know what that is, but apparently it needs to be treated with Chemotherapy. We'll keep on praying for them and hope that you will too! Our investigator is holding up really well though. It's awesome to see how well she takes care of her father.

So, the work moves on. Elder Lang and I are actually getting along really well. We've got some good plans to help out the zone and we'll hopefully be able to be an influence for some real good out here. It's awesome to be a misisonary and have your whole responsibility helping other people. It's been the best experience of my life so far, and I think there's still a lot of awesome experiences ahead of me. The gospel is 100% true, and it's such a blessing to be able to spend two years sharing that full-time with others.

I feel so grateful to be in a church with living apostles and prophets. It was awesome to hear what they said at conference (isn't it funny how every conference kind of feels like the best one you've ever heard?). I can't wait to dive into it and make some changes. They mark the path to real happiness!

I love you so much. Thanks for your support that allows me to come out here and do this awesome job. It's the best, and I wouldn't trade it for anything!

I love you!

Elder Blissett

No comments:

Post a Comment