Thursday, May 5, 2011

Johor Bahru

Halo Keluargaku,

*Drumroll please*

Well, you've guessed it, I got transferred from the lovely city of KL to... Johor Bahru, a lovely little city on the very southernmost tip of continental Asia, right across from Singapore. Luckily I'm still in West Malaysia so I'll still get to meet with Elder Bednar when he comes, but I also have the excitement of moving into what will more than likely be my last area. It's crazy to know exactly how long you'll be in a place, but I'm really excited to get to work and finish things up.

Well, I've actually only been here in JB for a day, so I don't really know a whole lot about it except that it's a fairly large city with a pretty large population of immigrants who commute across the bridge to Singapore everyday for work. Luckily that also means there's a pretty large Iban community here which should be a lot of fun. I'm living in a house with four elders which is a first on my mission and an experience that I thought I wasn't actually going to have. So that's really exciting. Four elders is a blast.

It was pretty sad to leave KL. It's funny, KL actually turned out to be a very close tie with Tawau for my favorite area, and in many ways I actually liked it even more. Also disappointing is that Elder Lang and I were getting along great! I tell you what, we would have had a really awesome companionship if we'd gotten to stay together a little longer. I'm really glad we had the chance to have a "do-over" companionship though and I think that was a pretty fun way to end my stay in KL. The investigators we had there are in really good hands, Elder Lang is one of the best missionaries in the mission. Interestingly enough, I'm now actually serving in the area that Elder Lang was serving in before he came to KL, so I've acquired the responsibility of taking care of his people too! It's funny how that worked out.

I'm serving with Elder Browne, who I haven't really gotten to know very well yet (I just arrived last night), but who I'm really excited to work with. He's actually only been in the field for about two months, so it will be kind of fun to help get him set up for the rest of his mission. Anyway, I think we're both really looking forward to the companionship. The other guys in our house are pretty cool, so I think we've got a lot of fun times ahead of us.

It sounds like Easter back at home was pretty fun. I can't believe Emma figured out how to die eggs with silk ties. How did she even think of that? Johnny is getting tougher and tougher to recognize everyday too! I can't believe how much he's grown up. I can only just see little traces of the baby Johnny face I used to know when I look at him now. That's pretty exciting!

Well, not a whole lot to report. Just that I'm excited to be in a new area and I'm ready to get to work! I'll tell you how the adventure is going soon!

I love you all so much. It's been such a blast to be out here on a mission and serving the Lord, but I couldn't be doing it without your support. Thanks so much for your prayers and support!

Love you all so much!
Elder Blissett

No comments:

Post a Comment