Tuesday, August 2, 2011

New Companions...Again!

Halo Keluargaku,

Well, in the ongoing chronicles of "Elder Blissett Can't Manage to Hang on to a Companion," I'm getting *two* new companions this week! That's right, this last Saturday we found out that not only was my companion Elder Christensen getting transferred, but actually everyone in my district except for me is moving out, one back to America, and two to Sarawak. Crazy, huh? I'm actually really excited though. The new elders in the house should be really fun and it will be a great way to finish off. I guess they're giving the newly split branches a fresh start with a whole new set of elders. The transfer was actually sparked by the huge influx of elders we're getting today though (19 new missionaries! that breaks the previous record of 16 for the largest group to come in at once), and so we'll also have the joy of having two brand new elders in the house and two elders who have been out just a little over a year to train them. It should be a blast in short. So I'll be in a threesome. My new companion Elder Gallinger is kind of the designated trainer for the new guy we'll be with, and Elder Goering (one of my favorite elders) is coming down here to train too. So, kind of a complicated transfer, but it basically means that everything down here is different now and kind of my new job is to get everyone oriented and off to a good start before I head back!

So, that was definitely the biggest news of the week. We're heading into Singapore today to pick up the new guys. There will be so many elders headed into Singapore that they actually won't have room for everyone to sleep though, so the rumor is that they're going to put us up at a nice hotel near to the church. So it should be a lot of fun. A good chance to see everyone that I haven't seen for a while and some nice classic training to go along with it.

Well, I can tell that the e-mail up to now must be pretty confusing to read, but I've actually just found out about all of this in the last couple of days and haven't really sorted everything out yet either. It's alright though, we're just going to figure it out as we go along and have a good time doing it! :D

As far as the work goes, we actually had a pretty good week last week and have found a lot of good potentials that I'm excited to start working with. It's kind of crazy right now with all the changes going on, but I think we'll be able to get some good people on baptismal date before I leave, so I'm really looking forward to that. There's nothing better than being involved in the work of the Lord.

It's going to be a whirlwind last couple of weeks, but that's really good. It means I'll stay busy. There's a lot left to do here!

In the end I'm working hard, I'm loving my mission and I can't wait to help these new elders get a good start too.

I love you all so much! I'm so glad to hear that everything is going well at home. Thanks for all your support

I love you!
Elder Blissett

No comments:

Post a Comment