Tuesday, June 1, 2010

If you think you *can't* keep a commandment...

Halo keluargaku,

So, this week I'm writing from Singapore since I had to come in for a couple of days before I go back to Malaysia. So, in short, it's really crazy to see my old area again. Singapore is a very stressful place, and I think that helps explain why the first couple of months of my mission seem to be a blur of stressful moments. You're just kind of in a constant rush here, walking really fast everywhere you go. So, I still love it, I think it's really awesome, but it's definitely wild to be back.

Things in Tawau are still looking really good. We've run into a couple of problems with a few of our investigators, but you know what, I'm starting to find out that missionary work is just like that. It's rare that you have an investigator who makes it all the way to baptism without any problems, and I think there's a reason for that. Satan works on them hard! But, I've learned just as well that if people are really sincere about learning the truth, it doesn't matter what challenges show up, they'll find a way to overcome them if they really want to. That's kind of life, right? Satan tries as hard as he can to make sure it's as hard as possible to keep the commandments, but if we really want to follow, Heavenly Father always provides a way. That's the hard part to believe in. I hear pretty routinely, "But Elder, I *can't* come to church," or "Elder, I *can't* do missionary work. None of my friends want to hear," and, don't get me wrong, it's definitely hard to do those things sometimes, but I've learned to stop believing that anyone *can't* keep a commandment. There always *has* to be a way to keep every commandment. If you couldn't, it wouldn't be a commandment, right? We just have to want to follow enough to sacrifice and show the Lord that he's first in our life, which is kind of the task of a lifetime. Part of the whole reason we're here.

So, overall, missionary work is better everyday. It's always hard, always challenging, but we're on the Lord's errand!

I love you all so much. Thanks for all your prayers!

Love,Elder Blissett

No comments:

Post a Comment