Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A New Companion

Halo Keluargaku,

Well, our baptisms both went through and now we have two more Nigerian brothers here to strengthen the branch. It was really cool so see that, and we're super privileged to have them. It's pretty fun to be part of the International Mission, building the church all over the world right here in KL.

I have some more exciting news to report. I have a new companion! It's always a little bittersweet to change, but I'm really excited to be serving now with Elder Gottfredson from San Antonio, Texas. He's a really likable, easy going guy and a hard worker, so I think we're going to get along great! Elder Peterson is off in Tawau now, which is kind of fun. I sent him with a lot of greetings for the members there. So, things are always changing! Elder Gottfredson and I are going to hang a Texas flag in the apartment, so at least in that small way the change has been positive. :D

Well, this week was filled with doing lots of kind of time consuming, but very important things. We managed to get our second Nigerian *** baptized this week by making the long trek out to his house to finish teaching him, which he was very excited about. ***, our other Nigerian brother, actually got really sick on the Sunday of his baptism and we were really worried he wasn't going to make it. After explaining to us that he was sick though, he told us he was probably going to be late, but that he was definitely going to be there, and he was. What a trooper! It was awesome to see him exercise his faith like that and not push things back even when it would have been understandable. I know that faith is going to lead to a lot of blessings for him in the future, and already has blessed him here.

Next week Elder Gottfredson has to go into Singapore for three days to get his special professional visitors pass renewed, so I think I'll be spending some time down in Johor Bahru which should be fun. We have to go down for exchanges anyway once a month, so we might as well kill two birds with one stone, right?

Well, there's not a lot else to say, other than that things are going great. I'm loving the gospel more and more everyday and I truly know that the church is true. I'm loving serving as a missionary. This is the Lord's work, and it's blessed me more than almost anything else in my entire life.

I love you all so much!

Talk to you soon!

Love,
Elder Blissett

No comments:

Post a Comment